Awards and Accolades
The varied and combined experience and knowledge base of the Firm’s lawyers spans several decades. A number of our lawyers have received recognition for several headline-making transactions in which the Firm played a pivotal role.
In recognition of the Firm's skills and proficiency in ground-breaking transactions, the Firm has received accolades from various bodies, including the following:
- The Firm was recognized as a Leading Law Firm by IFLR in 2013.
- Some of the Firm’s partners were also recognized as Leading Lawyers by IFLR in 2013.
- Nominated by Chambers Global for the Chambers Awards "Law Firm of The Year in Africa" – 2002 and 2003.
- IFLR 1000 (the guide to the world’s leading financial law firms) described Gbenga Oyebode MFR, as "one of Nigeria's most prominent Lawyers" and Chambers Global described Gbenga Oyebode MFR as a "consummate deal maker who has received pundits from clients and peers alike for his corporate expertise."
- Chambers Global 2004 and 2005 described the Firm as "offering the full corporate clients expect" and as "one of the leading firms in Nigeria."
- Managing Intellectual Property 2007 ranked Aluko & Oyebode as one of the top firms for patent prosecution in Nigeria.
- Legal 500 described our firm as "Nigeria's largest full-service commercial law firm, working for an overwhelmingly international client base."
- IFLR 1000 noted that the Firm’s banking and finance practice has substantial experience in transaction structuring and documentation.
For more information on our partners, please see our LawyersMeet our lawyers View our practice areas