Practice Focus and Experience
Chukwuka is a Partner with Aluko & Oyebode.
He is an active member of the dispute resolution team of the Firm and is also involved in the Firm’s corporate and commercial practice. He advises on all aspects of Nigerian corporate law, taxation, securities regulation, compliance due diligence, and regulatory matters. He liaises with various governmental departments and regulatory bodies on behalf of clients. He also advises on company formation, restructuring, and immigration regulation. His major practice areas include the following:
He was recently elected as Chairman of the Nigerian Bar Association, Lagos Branch.
- 2012 - New York Bar
- 2002 - Nigerian Law School, BL
- 2000 - University of Nigeria, LLB
- 2011 to date - Partner, ALUKO & OYEBODE
- January 2008 – December 2010 - Senior Associate, ALUKO & OYEBODE
- December 2002 – December 2007 - Associate, ALUKO & OYEBODE
- May, 2002 – November 2002 - Counsel, The Law Crest
Awards and Recognitions
- Harlan Fiske Stone Prize for Academic Excellence, University of Columbia School of Law (New York), 2009
- Judith R. and Michael E. Thoyer Scholarship for LL.M Students with Outstanding Academic Credentials, University of Columbia School of Law (New York), 2008-9
- What Manner of Sales Tax? An Appraisal of the Sales Tax Regime in Lagos State, Nigeria. THISDAY LAW (Nig), September 13, 2005. http://www.thisdayonline.com/archive.php
- Overview of the Nigerian Petroleum Industry Bill [co-authored with Babatunde J. Fagbohunlu, SAN and published in the September 2012 Africa Newsletter of Hogan Lovells International LLP].
- Petroleum Industry Bill: An Insight into the Fiscal Regime [a paper presented at the ESQ Energy/Oil and Gas Summit, 2013].