Olubunmi Fayokun is a“meticulous lawyer” who gives “clear opinions on complicated areas of law . . . with a wealth of knowledge in both energy and corporate matters.” Chambers Global
Practice Focus and Experience
Olubunmi joined Aluko & Oyebode in 1999 and has been a partner since 2001.
Olubunmi has served on various committees established by the Nigerian Securities & Exchange Commission to promote the development of the Nigerian capital market. She has also served on the board of directors of the Association of Issuing Houses of Nigeria.
Olubunmi has a wealth of experience in corporate and commercial law. She advises on matters relating to energy and natural resources, project and infrastructure finance, mergers and acquisitions, privatisation and foreign investment, capital markets and corporate finance.
Olubunmi has advised on various projects, including:
- Implementation of the first private independent power project (IPP) in Nigeria
- Privatisation of Nigeria’s largest state-owned water corporation
- Concession for the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja (Abuja Airport)
- Establishment of the US$350 million Nigerian Content Support Fund
- Corporate restructuring of CFAO Nigeria Plc, a major company listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange
- Issuance by Access Bank Plc of a N13.5 billion (approximately US$110 million) Bond Issue
- $225 Million Syndicated Medium Term Note Issuance Facility extended to Notore Chemicals Industry Limited
- Johnson & Johnson’s global acquisition of Pfizer Consumer Healthcare
- Merger of Crusader Insurance (Nigeria) Plc with Admiral Insurance Company Limited
- Korea National Oil Corporation’s operation of two deep-sea oil blocks (OPLs 321 and 323)
- YFP, a major indigenous oil exploration and production company, in connection with its farm-in to one of its oil blocks by a consortium of international oil and gas companies
- Acquisitions, by various international oil companies, of participating interests in Nigerian oil blocks held under PSCs
- Establishment and registration of the Global Fund, Africa, Nigerian Chapter
- 1985 - Nigerian Law School, BL
- 1984 - University of Ife, LLB