Banking and Finance
Aluko & Oyebode is the premier Nigerian law firm for structuring and preparing complex banking and corporate finance transactions. The Firm also provides general advisory services to clients in the course of their business operations. For any legal assistance and advice for banking or corporate finance transaction or more generalised guidance for day-to-day business operations, Aluko & Oyebode’s clients benefit from its extensive experience and personalised service.
In the evolving industries of Nigerian banking and finance, our lawyers develop creative solutions, unique agreements, and innovative answers to new and complex transactional issues. With recent regulatory and policy changes in Nigerian banking and finance industry, we have encountered many challenges that necessitate legal intervention in order to comply with those changes and achieve desired results. We pride ourselves on staying abreast of ever-changing industries and providing our clients with professional, cutting-edge legal assistance.
In our capacity as general advisors and transaction-based legal representatives, we represent major multinational and indigenous financial institutions in a diverse variety of transactions, including:
- Foreign currency loan agreements in the energy sector
- Structured trade finance agreements
- Foreign exchange contracts
- Securitised lending agreements
- Local and foreign currency equipment lease agreements
Aluko & Oyebode has represented various clients in the financial and legal advisory services, including national and international lending institutions, banks, insurance companies, leasing companies, investment firms, energy sector companies, and other types of financial institutions. We have extensive experience in all types of banking and corporate finance transactions, such as:
- Asset-based, construction, and project financing
- Debt advising, rescheduling, and recovery
- Local and offshore syndicated loan transactions and guarantees
- Foreign exchange regulations and hedging mechanisms
- Investment structures
- Documentation of credit security
- Regulatory compliance issues
- Sale and lease back agreements
- Shareholder agreements
- Foreign exchange forward contracts, options and swaps, and securitised lending agreements
Other instances of our earlier involvement in syndicated and nonsyndicated financing transactions include loans, both secured and unsecured, structured finance transactions with liquidity facilities, asset-based loans, acquisition credit, leveraged buyouts, commercial paper bank up facilities, senior and subordinated credit facilities, project finance, and development finance. We regularly handle financing and other types of transactions with both private and public companies and entities.