In today’s global marketplace, the protection of innovative ideas has become an essential tool for the progress of any commercial enterprise. Aluko & Oyebode’s intellectual property practice assists clients in the development, processing, and safeguarding their intellectual property rights. Our lawyers are members of the International Trademark Association, Anti-Counterfeiting Group (ACG), IP Committee of the Section on Business, AIPPI and the Licensing Executives Society (LES). The Firm also holds membership of the Intellectual Property Law Association of Nigeria (IPLAN), a pressure group at the forefront of the protection of IP rights in Nigeria.
Aluko & Oyebode’s comprehensive range of intellectual property legal services include:
- Conducting opposition proceedings
- Drafting, reviewing, and amending all business and legal documents related to intellectual property rights
- Filing trademark applications
- Handling trademark matters, including renewal and cancellation
- Investigating the ownership of intellectual property rights
- Performing searches for availability of trademarks
- Providing services designed to protect trade and software secrets
- Processing patent applications
- Representing clients in intellectual property litigation and dispute resolution
- Registering domain names with the National Information Technology Development Agency
- Registering, licensing, franchising, and technology transfer agreements
- Registering products with the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and the Standards Organisation of Nigeria
At Aluko & Oyebode, we have an exclusive group of intellectual property professionals who possess an in-depth knowledge of the changing national and international intellectual property landscape. Our expertise includes clearance searches, protection, use and enforcement of trademarks, copyright, patents, design and trade secrets, licensing, technology transfer (Interface with the National Office for Technology Acquisition and Promotion), franchising, media law, packaging, labeling, manufacturing and distribution agreements, and product registration with the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC).
On behalf of our clients, firm monitors publications of the trademark registry in a bid to prevent copyright, trademark, or patent infringement by opposing applications. By notifying our clients of potential infringement and the necessary requirement, we can avoid protracted infringement proceedings. This service helps provide the utmost security and protection of clients’ products, thereby protecting and minimising disruption to their professional image and products.
Aluko & Oyebode’s experienced team of intellectual property attorneys will take every necessary step to establish, maintain, and protect your intellectual property rights. Our lawyers will guide you through each phase of the intellectual property licensing or registration process, including initiation, ownership searches, application, protection from infringement, and post registration matters such as renewal and modification.