Financial Institutions Advisory SUBPRACTICES
Because of our long-time representation of Nigerian and international financial institutions, our banking law team has a deep expertise in the area of regulatory law, and we successfully resolve complex issues for our financial institution clients on an ongoing basis.
In the area of formation, restructuring and acquisitions, our legal experience includes:
- Formation of banks, thrifts, stockbroking firms, investment advisors, finance companies and other financial institutions
- Organisation and structuring of financial holding companies and Nigerian and foreign bank holding companies
- Licensing and establishment of Nigerian operations for international and multinational banks
- Organisation and licensing of financial entities in offshore jurisdictions
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Debt and equity offerings
Our top banking and finance law firm team advises leading Nigerian and international clients in the financial services industry, and we assist them in navigating regulatory, legal compliance, governance, business combination and other issues.
We offer creative and cost-effective strategic planning and analysis, and interpretation of legislation, amendments and administrative rules governing Nigeria’s financial services industry. Our experienced practice group also handles complex financial regulatory matters.