Adeniyi Adegbonmire, SAN
Adeniyi has a pragmatic approach to dispute resolution and strategy, which he applies, along with his wealth of experience, in providing legal advice to local and multinational companies involved in commercial litigation.
Adeniyi acts for clients in sectors such as finance and oil and gas and is active in arbitration and litigation. A market commentator said: "I have very high regard for Adeniyi." - Chambers Global 2021
Adeniyi heads the firm’s Insolvency and Debt Recovery Disputes practice, and he has advised on all aspects of insolvency law. He has acted both as receiver/manager and as counsel to creditors in receivership, winding-up and bankruptcy proceedings.
Adeniyi is an experienced lawyer who has represented a wide range of clients including oil companies, multinational corporations, banks and other financial institutions, and telecommunication operators in various litigation and arbitration proceedings.
University of Ife, LLB (Hons), 1987
- In 2015, he was elevated to the prestigious rank of Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) (the Nigerian equivalent of a Queen’s Counsel)
- Legal 500 Europe, Middle East & Africa 2018, Real Estate and Construction – Leading Individuals
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- The Body of Senior Advocates of Nigeria
- International Bar Association
- Nigerian Bar Association
- Business Recovery and Insolvency Practitioners Association of Nigeria (BRIPAN) (INSOL International)
“Nigeria and Ghana: A Legal Perspective”, Africa Real Estate Magazine, August/September 2012