Funmi believes that effective communication and a passion for creating solutions for her clients are critical to service delivery. She is happiest when she can meet and surpass client’s expectations and delivers results by being conscientious, attentive and commercially aware.
Funmi has experience in several aspects of banking and finance law and advises Nigerian and multinational clients on local and cross-border financing deals across several sectors. She has recently advised the sponsors (NNPC and Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited) on the US$1.36 billion financing of the NGL II project, and a syndicate of Nigerian and international lenders in connection with the US$2 billion financing of the acquisition of oil and gas assets by a Nigerian indigenous oil and gas exploration and production company.
- University College, London, LLM, 2009
- Nigerian Law School, BL, 2007
- University of Benin, LLB, 2006
- IFLR1000 2020, Rising Star
- The Legal 500, Next Generation Lawyer
- Secretary, Nigerian Bar Association Section on Business Law - Banking, Finance & Insolvency Committee
- Nigerian Bar Association, Continuity Legal Education & Mentorship Committee, Lagos Branch