Aluko & Oyebode hosted its Fintech/ Private Equity Webinar themed “Enabling Regulation: The Need for Stakeholders to Better Facilitate and Promote Innovation” on Thursday, 11th June 2020 at 12:00PM.
As much as innovation by companies and industries is usually seen as curtailed by regulations, regulatory efforts are also easily challenged and frustrated by private-sector innovation. While innovation fuels technological change, it also helps regulation to evolve as quickly as technological changes.
We recognise that successful, regulatory reform efforts must take into account the linkages between regulation and innovation. Our Speakers shared their insights on ways to leverage and promote Innovation as a viable tool to enable successful regulation in the Tech space.
- Dr. Omobola Johnson (Senior Partner, TLcom Capital LLP/Nigeria’s former Honourable Minister of Communication Technology)
- Mr. Musa Itopa Jimoh (Director, Payments System Management Department, Central Bank of Nigeria)
- Mr. Kola Aina (Partner, Ventures Platform)
- Ms. Maya Horgan Famodu (Managing Director, Ingressive Capital)
- Mr. Emomotimi Agama (Head, Registration, Exchanges, Market Infrastructures and Innovation Department, SEC)
- Ms. Odunayo Eweniyi (Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer, PiggyVest)
- Mr. Dimeji Sofowora (Co-Founder & CFO, Helium Health)
- Ms. Temitope Sowunmi (Associate, Aluko & Oyebode)