The Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) has mandated the registration of all migrants who have lived in or plan to remain in Nigeria for over 90 days on a new Migration e-Registration Platform (the “Platform”). Expatriates are required to provide evidence of registration on the Platform before applying for any immigration permits such as CERPAC, resident card, or temporary work visas, including any renewals. The requirement for registration on the Platform applies to the following:
- Employed /self-employed
- Expatriate spouse of Nigerians (Niger wife and special immigrant status)
- Dependents (spouse and children over 18 years)
The expatriate is required to visit the NIS office for data capture and submit the following documents:
- Registration form which can be obtained at the NIS office;
- A copy of the passport data page;
- A copy of the CERPAC/ECOWAS card;
- Evidence of payment of registration fee.
For more information on how we can assist you with Nigerian immigration permits please contact Immigration@aluko-oyebode.com.