Our reputation as the legal advisors to the market leaders of the Nigerian insurance industry is unrivalled. Our top Nigerian and international clients are attracted to our experienced insurance practice because of our results-oriented and client-focused approach. Our lawyers provide our clients with a mix of regulatory, tax and legal advice on the insurance industry in Nigeria.
Political and global uncertainties; terrorism; technological advancements; new product developments; economic crises; and increasing regulatory and compliance demands are a few of the factors that stakeholders in the Nigerian insurance sector contend with regularly.
As these factors exacerbate, legal and commercial risk management becomes more important. The combination of our market knowledge and transaction experience makes us the leading Nigerian law firm for clients to rely on for advice on insurance matters.
Our insurance team, comprised of partners with years of industry expertise and experience, regularly advises our insurance clients on several areas, including:
- Corporate restructurings and establishment of new operations
- Public and private mergers and acquisitions
- Equity and Debt Capital Markets
- Dispute resolution, mediation, arbitration and litigation
- Distribution, outsourcing and other commercial agreements
- General corporate advice to insurers and reinsurers
- Insurance and reinsurance policies
- Regulatory investigations